November 9th, 2005
YS Chronicles: Pic Wars
Younger Sister: I told you not to put that picture up, I wish I’d never showed you.
Saima: Well he shouldn’t get pictures taken with make-up and girl’s clothes on then.
Younger Sister: I can’t believe you did that to him!
Saima: He has done that himself.
Posted at 9:42 pm | 7 comments | Category: General | Tags: star wars
November 9th, 2005
Why Darth Vader Wears a Mask
Posted at 7:36 pm | 9 comments | Category: General | Tags: star wars
June 22nd, 2005
Attack of the Clooneys
Episode II? Meep. Though it was marginally better than the first one I am yet to be impressed by the whole Star Wars phenomenon. The acting was plain awkward in parts and C-3PO‘s ‘comedy’ was painful at best. I’d have to advice George Lucas to at least introduce more eye candy into his movies to try and spice things up a bit. Perhaps by casting George Clooney as the bounty hunter? A thousand Clooneys could certainly have turned things around.
Saying all that, I don’t have a heart of stone and did nearly enjoy the following elements of the movie:
- Padmé‘s outfits were stunning.
- The Yoda vs. Count Dooker fight scene was pretty kick-ass. Yoda’s wiley for an old guy who usually needs a stick to walk…
- They got married! I have a feeling it won’t last though. What with that huge chip on his shoulder and all those Mother issues he has.
- That “Sorry love, I’ve just chopped your arm off” bit woke me up.
Posted at 10:52 pm | Leave a comment | Category: General | Tags: star wars
June 12th, 2005
Revenge of the Phantom Clones or something
I watched my first ever Star Wars movie last night….I know, I know, it’s only taken me 25 years. I wasn’t overly impressed but I hear that they do get better so I’ll brave the other two and then go back and watch the old ones for completeness. I did however make the following observations and am issuing the following warnings:
- If anything called Jar Jar Binks comes near me I will throttle it. Mesa find you really bloomin’ annoying.
- Sound like Miss Piggy, Yoda does.
- Liam Neeson (who plays Gin Gan Gooly Gooly I think) is really really tall.
(Apologies to all Star Wars fans, please don’t send Darth Maul around…..why was he in it for like all of three seconds??)
Posted at 9:53 pm | Leave a comment | Category: General | Tags: star wars