Home    About    Archives    Contact   

My name is Saima and I live in London, England. Welcome to my blog where I have been writing since November 2000. Please make yourself at home.

rss feed

October 28th, 2009
Oh Happy Day

I knew it would be quite a grumpsome day when I was awoken five minutes before my alarm went off. I hate that. I work on my own schedule dammit.

I got up anyway and once breakfasted and ready we made our way to Bedford for my sister’s graduation. Unfortunately, I had to get back to work for meetings so we only had time to get photos taken and didn’t actually get to see her go up on stage and collect her degree. It was her second degree however and I was there for the first so I guess a 50% strike rate isn’t too bad.

I said to Sol I’d drive home so he could get a bit of kip before his long drive to Brighton later on. He was wearing his eye mask and I’m pretty sure many people thought I was kidnapping him or something from the weird looks we got. Though how they thought I overpowered a six foot massive bloke is a conversation for another time.

Two hours it took us to get home from Bedford to London! Traffic was mad and all those loathsome average speed cameras were dotted along the roads, jeering at me, “You can’t drive fast, nah nah nah nah nah nah!” Bastards. To make it worse, I was feeling sleepy. I’m pretty sure it was that extra five minutes I was deprived of this morning that did it. I had to resort to listening to cheesy pop in hopes of keeping awake and not crashing the car. Though if I did plough into something I’d hope it’d be one of those average speed cameras and that would recompense as some sort of sick silver lining.

When we did get back I was straight to work for back to back meetings until about 8pm. In most of the meetings we talked about the unpopular changes we’re going through right now and I got a general feeling that none of us knew our arses from our elbows.

Before jumping onto the cross trainer for my daily exercise, I popped the chicken Sol had marinated last night into the oven. We have a Tupperware box full of dry chappati flour for when we make roti that normally lives in the grill above the oven. I checked to see if it was in there before putting the oven on of course but couldn’t see it so assumed it had been moved. I assumed wrong. When I went back into the kitchen after half an hour, I smelled something weird…burning plastic? Shit, the damn box was hiding at the back of the grill and now was melted all over the bottom and back of it; an annoying obstacle between me and that delicious chicken. I tried my best to remove it without getting burned and was somewhat successful.

When I finally had the chicken it was really nice and I didn’t even need any Nando’s sauce with it. All’s well that ends well.

Posted at 11:26 pm | 5 comments | Category: General

© 2000 - 2010 saima says. powered by WordPress.