November 1st, 2005
Five Fabulous Years
Well today marks the fifth birthday of this weblog. I’ve painstakingly compiled somes Top 5s for your delectation.
Top 5 Personal Favourite Posts
1. Simon the Steps Fan
2. Mouths with Lives of their Own
4. Bus Politics
Top 5 Most “Interesting” Discussions
1. Marilyn Manson Interview
3. Matrimonials R Us
4. A Brad Pitt Eid
5. Readers Reveal All
Top 5 Most Commented On Posts (I’ve taken out posts where I’ve mentioned a celebrity and the post has just been bombarded with screaming fans of said celebrity. For example, the Salman Khan sucks post.)
1. Tolkien, a racist? 36 comments
2. War Boota 34 comments
3. Will the real Faisal please step forward? 34 comments
4. Do Do Do Do Do Do 31 comments
5. She Sells Sea Shells 30 comments
Top 5 Commentors
1. All the Faisals: I know one of you is in the Caribbean but the other one’s disappeared. Come back Faisal, all is forgiven! 157 comments
2. Tahira: Keep the A5 pride alive! 125 comments
2. Hasan: Another one who’s disappeared 125 comments
3. Will: The ever lovely Will 85 comments
4. Ammar: Stalking me since 2001 70 comments
4. Adnan: The big brother I never had 70 comments
5. Bushra: A relatively new kid on the block 49 comments
Other scintillating stats
SaimaSays.com has been visited 59,711 times.
Visitors have in total viewed 109,450 pages.
49% of visitors are from the United Kingdom, 25% from the United States, 10% from Pakistan and the remaining (…carry the two…) 16% are from such countries as Finland and Qatar.
84% who visit the site use Windows XP as their operating system. 3% however logon through a Nokia handset.
SaimaSays.com was once very very briefly mentioned on The Guardian website.
Most people who visit this site do so because they searched for “saima” at Google. I’m not the Lollywood actress they were probably looking for.
Now please join me in singing to SaimaSays.com.
Happy birthday to you,
I surfed, as you do,
I saw an hideously ugly weblog with a pink background and lime green text,
And I thought it was you.
Now I just need to figure out how to give this weblog the bumps.
Posted at 12:01 am | 7 comments | Category: General